Friday, December 30, 2011

The Milkmaid

My Christmas present that now hangs above my wood cookstove in my kitchen.  God willing, someday I will be the milkmaid.  I have yogurt setting in the larder, and yogurt cheese draining for Christmas Saturday breakfast pancakes, Nourishing Traditions style.  Served alongside our home grown bacon, and maple syrup from up the road......you can't get better than this...even at your best upscale big city resturant.  Praise God for good wholesome local food!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a dream to me. I know that I was born a country girl, but took a huge detour and wonder if I will ever make it home. God willing...

    Keep blogging, Miss Milkmaid. (What a wonderful present._

    ReplyDelete
  2. Detours can happen everywhere, even in the country! We started out with 43 acres of beautiful pasture and woods and a tiny home, and traded it as the children arrived for a large home on 5 acres.....so that has been a detour for my heart as a farm girl...But we know that God can make straight every path, as long as we are putting Him first and doing His will.

    ReplyDelete