Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Its almost sprouting time

It has been about 6 years since I have had a successful vegetable garden.  Yes, I must give myself a break, I have had 3 children in that time.  Last year, the seed catalouge was absolutely revolting to me.  I did not even want to look at it.  I had a baby in late Feburary, so I guess that gives me an excuse.

At least in that time I still cooked for my family.


I have had no lack of time in my kitchen.  In fact, it seems most of my life is spent in the kitchen.  I  am not complaining of that, I love to cook.  But it does get me wondering how I will manage to get out into the garden this year.  Well, I know how I'll do it, lots of prayer, grace, hard work and sheer will power. 
Not only do us country mamas have to feed the family in the kitchen, but a smart country mama gives it all she's got and works hard to feed her family from the soil.  I admit, in the recent years past, this task has seemed very distasteful to me.  It seemed like more work than I wanted to do to get my pregnant self out in a garden bending over, or on my knees battling quack grass and weeds. 
But this year, as they say "where there is a will, there is a way"...and this year, God willing, come pregnancy or high water,  I plan on doing it. 

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to see you in the web again! the pictures are so inspiring, and also the texts! may God bless you this year abundantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading about your garden as it grows.

    ReplyDelete