Saturday, January 21, 2012

A mother on the land


For me it is always a constant journey toward simplifying.  In cooking, possessions, schooling, hobbies, work, cleaning... everything that a mama needs to have under her belt for a successful catholic homestead.  My goal is to create a joyful orderly home that raises happy healthy children and gives glory to God.

Somedays the workload seems overwhelming,  and I stop and wonder how I am supposed to do it all.  Those are the moments that God gives us, that if we remember Him, give Him glory.  He is the only one who can do it all.  He is the only one who can make it possible for a simple woman like me to get through the day.

My days are much in the spirituality of the Little Flower.  Some days there is nothing more I  can do but to offer my day to Him through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and send up little prayers and offer up my sufferings throughout the day.  I believe on these days, when I am so busy with tasks that serve my family, I am giving Him glory in the best way.  Doing His will, and doing it all for Him.

From the Catholic Rural Life Prayer book;
"We pray that through God's grace we may have wisdom and strength to grow constantly in the virtues necessary for rural living:
Faith,
Hope firmly founded in the knowledge of God's providence,
Love,
Patience with the slow and deliberate cycle of seasons and years,
Fortitude,
Temperance,
Compassion,
Mercy,
Zeal.




2 comments:

  1. I'm not on a homestead, yet "simplify" and "overwhelming" are constant themes. When the printer is functional, I want to print out paragraphs two and three. So simple, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a mama is a full job, farm or no farm. All mamas of many children need The Little Flower little way.

    ReplyDelete