Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My apron

I am a hardworking woman, and this is my uniform.
I am proud to wear the womanly uniform of ages....the apron.
I was raised in the age that women "did things" and those things were not within the four walls of a home.  
Women were supposed to make something of themselves, casting off the bondage of the apron strings for the suit and heels of the competitive world of business.
I am barefoot and I wear my apron.  I spend 4 to 6 hours a day in my "office", my kitchen...where I am a Warrior Healing Mama.
Don't mess with the mama.
Don't give me any of that feminist garbage that tore my young adulthood to shreds.  Give me the feminism of ancients...the nurturing mother and wife, the self sacrificing giver who would do anything for her family.  The woman who knows that happiness comes from Him, and the rule of life goes like this...
Jesus
others
   Yourself



1 comment:

  1. Now, I've just got to go and get me one of those aprons!

    ReplyDelete