Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Chicken maidens


Well, it's Holy Saturday, and the snow still covers the ground.  Luckily the new pullets are a happy bunch, and the little helpers don't mind the snow.  The steer is anxious for the thaw.  He has officially been nicknamed Houdini, because he has the amazing ability to escape his pasture no matter what my husband does to keep him in.  I think he is bored and hungry for something fresh.  He gets out of his pen, and goes straight for the southern side of the house so that he can pick at the thawed ground there. He also likes my Spirea bush :o(  Oh well, I guess he is doing the pruning this year!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading this blog from my urban homestead here on the South Coast of Massachusetts! Happy Easter to all there.

    ReplyDelete