Sunday, February 9, 2014

A wood cookstove changes everything



I have been waiting 8 years for the re-installation of my Bakers Choice.  It has been sitting patiently, cold, waiting.  First it was waiting for space to sit.  Then after our addition it was waiting for funds to put it's chimney through the roof.

It went in yesterday.  The littles enjoyed watching holes being cut in the roof.  Holding a circular piece of the roof was the highlight of the day!  When I hung the Sacred Heart photo to the left of the stove, my tiny one said "Oh look!  There is Jesus on our wall!!!"
Sitting in front of the stove is the new favorite spot in the house.

There is nothing cozier than sitting in a rocker and drinking tea by a wood cookstove while dinner simmers away.  The good smell of woodsmoke in your kitchen is so homey.  It can be -20 degrees for all I care!  I have a happy Catholic family and a wood cookstove!  God is good!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely wonderful! You are so right. God is good and what beautiful gifts He has given you! +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete